Please, submit a personal essay that addresses the following:
1. How the practice of reading and writing enriches your life.
2. How your attendance at Creative Writing Academy (CWA) will help you attain your goals for creative writing.
3. Your first and second choices for Fiction, Poetry, Non-fiction, Playwriting, Writing for the Media and reasons for your preferences.
Assemble a portfolio for at least two (2) of the following genres that reflect your prior work and areas of interest:
4. Poetry: four to five poems, preferably non-rhyming, that offer a variety of forms, styles and subjects.
5. Fiction: two short stories, only one of which may be in the fantasy or science fiction genre.
6. Playwriting: two dialogue-driven scenes or plays.
7. Nonfiction: two personal essays or a longer work of memoir. Please do not send academic essays.
All portfolio materials should be typed and proofread, with a standard 12-point font. Portfolios must not exceed 25 pages.
Download Application Form